Active listening is fundamental to communication. Without it, our conversations, meetings and collaboration can fall apart. In this workshop we discover how you can better focus, understand, and organically respond in conversation.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for teams & leaders who:
- Want to create space for all voices in their teams
- Find it challenging to listen, are easily distracted or notice their colleagues/friends/teammates' ideas go "in one ear and out the other."
- Notice only a few people speaking up in meetings or that there are many conversations at once
- Struggle with connected and efficient communication
- Are looking for ways to focus the conversation, address challenges and generate ideas.
What do I walk away with?
- More grounded-ness and presence during conversations
- Tools to increase understanding at the individual or team level
- Ways to facilitate an open, focused and creative communication style amongst teams
- Practices for a conversation environment which is inclusive of all voices
- Clarity and consciousness in listening and responding
- Proficiency using tools like MURAL for collaboration and ideation
What is the course format?
First and foremost we believe in learning by doing. We structure the course so that you're doing the talking and engaging. At times you'll work on your own, in pairs or as a part of a small group. We'll use MURAL boards to facilitate certain exercises and illustrate ideas. No prior use of MURAL is required.
We want to make our services accessible to non-profit organizations - see the pricing variations below depending on your budget. If something doesn’t fit within your budget, reach out below as we offer scholarships.
If you’re interested in a private workshop for your team please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for the course
We'll send you the details on how to join and pay.