Openhouse & Moxie are teaming up to offer a course that helps designers, teams, and leaders embody the values, tools, and practices of design justice in their everyday projects.
Who is it for?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is for you:
- I am working to center inclusion in my projects, but often get caught up in old ways of doing things (ie: people, processes, systems and rituals) at my organization which hinder inclusion.
- I find it difficult to center JEDI properly under tight deadlines, time and budget restrictions.
- I want to create a framework for me and my team to use for accountability and guidance.
- I want my organization to create mutual benefit in our research and activities. I want to integrate the relationships and knowledge within the community into our research.
- I want to learn how to facilitate a common understanding without the need for a common perspective among people from diverse backgrounds and turn ideas into action.
- I want to integrate multiple types of knowledge and data into my work. Specifically, I want to move beyond dominant views of whose perspectives count and what data is valid.
- I want to integrate facilitation practices that emphasize inclusion and justice.
What do I walk away with?
- Ways to reflect on your own biases and limitations to help you consciously lead projects with an inclusion and justice mindset
- Ways to prioritize connection for yourself and amongst participants
- How to lead and structure a project that values multiple types of knowledge (local, lived, embodied)
What is the course format?
In this live course we use multiple exercises and methods so that you can experience the concepts rather than be lectured. At times that means we’ll work in pairs or small groups, on our own or a combination depending on the moment. We'll use MURAL boards to facilitate certain exercises and illustrate ideas. No prior use of MURAL is required. After the course you'll be able to continue you're work on the MURAL board with a free trial.
We want to make our services accessible to non-profit organizations - see the pricing variations below depending on your budget. If something doesn’t fit within your budget, reach out below as we offer scholarships.
If you’re interested in a private course for your team let us know in the form below.
Sign up for the course
We'll send you the details on how to join and pay.